Honors Legacy - maldives LiveaboardInquiry
Honors Legacy is designed and built by The Offshore Naval Architects in Alifushi of Raa Atoll, an Island community famous in the Maldives for skilled yacht builders and designers. This beautiful wooden yacht for 16 persons has 4 decks of comfortable living spaces where the lower deck houses 6 elegant staterooms and main deck is for saloon, a bar, indoor and outdoor dining arrangements. The bridge deck has 2 spacious ocean view suites (20 square meters in each), spa treatment room and wheelhouse. The sun deck is fitted with Jacuzzi, cushioned sun pads and sun loungers.
Honors Legacy has the conveniences of fully air-conditioned interiors, gourmet food, all the favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, professional Spa treatments, multimedia Library, board games and a boutique with memorable souvenirs of the Maldives.
The 33 meter luxury motor yacht has all the modern amenities like Full HD TV's, mini bars, safes, Wi-Fi, hot and cold fresh water, etc. in her cabins and bathrooms. It is equipped with Full HD TV in the Saloon and Blu-ray Disk player. The indoor dinning is served on its marble tables with cushioned chairs. The yacht meets the safety and security standards of the Maldives Cost Guard and Maldives Yacht Building Code as well.
Honors Legacy - galleryInquiry
Honors Legacy - pricesInquiry
Prices are per person and in USD based on 2 persons sharing a cabin.
Exact pricing is available on the schedule here as prices vary dependant on the time of year and the length of the trip and sometimes special offers are available.
Single cabin supplement for one person is +80% of the above prices (For example..Superior $2,415+80% = $4,347).
If you are happy sharing with another diver the prices are as in the table above.
The price Includes:
- Accommodation (based on 2 sharing) including towels & linens, air condition and en-suite bathroom
- Full board basis including 3 meals and snacks
- Drinking water, tea and coffee (instant)
- Return transfer in Male from the airport to the vessel
- Up to 3 or 4 dives per day (weather and itineraries permitting)
- Dive guides services (2 dive guides on board)
- 12lt cylinder and weights
- Air fills
- BBQ on a desert island
The price does not include
- From Nov 2015 Green Tax of USD 6 per person per night
- International and domestic flights - domestic flights are only applicable on certain itineraries
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
- Nitrox fills
- Equipment rental
- Dive courses
- Travel and dive insurance
- Crew gratuities
- Massage and on board spa treatments
- Resort stays and day use packages With effect from 1st January 2012, GMR is going to implement Airport Development Charge of USD 25 per person from all departing passengers above 2 years of age (if you leave Maldives by sea port * this charge will not apply ).
Terms and conditions:
30% of booking is required within 7 days of booking - non refundable
70 % is due to 90 days prior to departure - non refundable.
Balance due 90 days before your trip departure date - non-refundable.
Individual booking made less than 90 days before the departured ate are payable in full at the time of booking.
Cancellation at any stage involves forfeit of monies already payed.
10% - within 7 days of booking - non-refundable
20% 180 days prior to departure - non-refundable
90 days before departure - non-refundable
|Diving Equipment Rentals (USD)||Per day|
|Regulator with octopus||$ 15|
Honors Legacy - scheduleInquiry
Mandatory extra charges per person
Mandatory extra charges per person
Mandatory extra charges per person
Mandatory extra charges per person
Mandatory extra charges per person
Honors Legacy - cabinsInquiry
Total 8 cabins, 6 Staterooms 2 Ocean View Suites for Double or Twin occupancy. All cabins are air-conditioned with gorgeous interiors and trendy fittings, en-suite bathrooms with fresh hot and cold waters, mini bar, safe and Full HD TV with DVD players.
Lower deck stateroom
Honors Legacy - itineraryInquiry
Honors Legacy is one of the most elegantly built luxury motor yachts in the Maldives and an experienced crew onboard assures your charters are well delivered to suit the purpose of the guests.
Facilites on board include a spacious lounge deck, air conditioned saloon with restaurant and bar, sun deck with bar, shades with Jacuzzi and sun beds, Spa with indoor and outdoor treatments, Boutique, Wireless Internet Access, Full HD TV and Blu-ray Disk player with surround speakers, Karaoke System, Board Games and multimedia library.
Please enquire about your preferred dates - as Honors Legacy is only available for full boat charters and not individual bookings most dates can be accomodated.
Honors Legacy leaves from and returns to Male but doesn’t follow a set itinerary as it’s all about the giving you the best diving possible. Asyou may know the Maldives has 2 very distinct currents running at different times of the year and this effects which side of the Maldives all the marine life is on at any particular time. Basically, dependant on the currents and the winds, we will select the route and dive sites.
Our divemasters are very experienced in the hunt for whale sharks, Don’t worry that you might miss the other stuff though; Honors Legacy visits the best dive sites in the area to see sharks, mantas and all the schools of fishes and stunning reefs that the Maldives are famous for just like any other boat but we will also try really hard, and normally succeed, to find you a whale shark. It is the experience of a lifetime to swim with one of these gentle giants - don’t forget to bring your snorkel as you never know when we may run across one of these giants.
7 Nights / 8 days dive cruise itinerary, North/South Male’ & North/South Ari Atoll
Check Dive: Kurumba House Reef
Anchorage: Guraidhoo (South Male’ Atoll)
- Dive 1: Guraidhoo Corner or Kandooma Thila
- Dive 2: Vilamendhoo Thila
- Dive 3: Five Rocks
- Anchorage: Dhanghetti (South Ari Atoll)
- Dive 1: Kudarah thila
- Dive 2: Bodufinolhu Thila / Maamigili byeru (whale shark)
- Dive 3: Rehi Reef
- Anchorage: Raiydhigga & Barbecue at Raiydhigga island (South Ari Atoll)
- Dive 1: Panettone
- Dive 2: Fish Head
- Dive 3: Maya Thila (Night Dive)
- Anchorage: Maya Fushi ( North Ari Atoll)
- Dive 1: Hafsa Thila
- Dive 2: Bathalamaagaa Kanthila
- Dive 3: Rasdhoo Madivaru Corner
- Anchorage: Rasdhoo (North Ari Atoll)
- Dive 1: Rasdhoo madivaru Hammer head Point
- Dive 2: Voshimas Thila
- Dive 3: Nakacha Thila
- Anchorage: Boduhithi or Rasfari (North Male’ Atoll)
- Dive 1: Nassimo Thila
- *Male’ city tour
- Anchorage: Near Kurumba (North Male’ Atoll)
- Check Out
For your flight arrival times ideally you should aim to arrive around midday on the day of departure as due to a same day turn around of the boat the guests from the trip before will be departing in the morning. The rest of the morning the boat will be being cleaned and prepared for your arrival around lunchtime. You can arrive on the day of departure as late as 10pm as the boat will not leave the Male area on the first day. Whatever time you arrive on the day of departure you will be met off your flight at the arrivals area by our boat representatives and taken to the boat, about 10 minutes from the airport.
If you would like to arrive the day before it is possible to stay in the airport hotel - //www.hih.com.mv/ which is on the same island as the airport (Hulhule island) or stay on Male for the night where we recommend the Holiday Inn - //www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/male/mleam/hoteldetail or the Marble Inn - //www.marble.mv/ . Your hotel will then deliver you back to the airport the following day (the day of departure) where you will be met by the boats representatives and taken directly to the ship.
The day before there are only 2 dives ending around lunchtime so you may fly out in the late morning and still have the requisite no fly time required - Always refer to your dive computer for this but PADI recommends 18 hours.
Honors Legacy - specsInquiry
- Port of Registry/Flag:
- Motor Yacht (M/Y)
- Hull & Exterior:
- Wooden hull (Tholan timber) with upper water line fully laminated with polished fiberglass.
- 110 feet /33.53 Meters
- 30 feet/9.23 Meters
- 9 feet/2.77 meters
- Total Displacement:
- 230 tons
- Daedong Marine Engine 500 HP
- 2 x Daedong Marine 50 KVA gensets, 220v
- 3 x Coltri Sub
- To all interior areas with individual controllers
- Fuel capacity:
- 6000 liters
- Fresh Water Capacity:
- 8000 liters
- Desalinator Production:
- 10,000 liters per day
- Cruising Speed:
- 12 knots
- Navigation and Communication Aids:
- Samyung 36 miles marine radar system, Eco sounder, Compass, map, Fish finder, Global Positioning System (GPS), CB Radio, Mobile Phones, Internet, Search Light, Binoculars, Map.
- Safety Equipments:
- Addressable fire alarm system in all rooms and public areas, fire extinguishers, life jackets and life buoys.
- Number of Passengers:
- Total 8 cabins, 6 Staterooms & 2 Ocean View Suites for Double/Twin/Triple accommodation with Jacuzzi at the bridge deck. All cabins are air-conditioned with gorgeous interiors and trendy fittings, en-suite bathrooms with fresh hot and cold waters, mini bar, safe and Full HD TV with DVD players.
- Number of Crew:
- Total 13 Crew onboard, including Captain, Engineer, Cruise Director, Chef and Spa Therapists.
- Number of Tenders:
- 2 (Dive boat 55 feet and a fiberglass dingy 18 feet with 50 HP outboard engine)
- Sports & Excursions:
- scuba diving, surfing, fishing, snorkeling, swimming, Island visits to Resorts, Inhabited (local villages) and Uninhabited (desert) Islands, BBQ on Desert Islands.
- Spacious Lounge deck, air conditioned saloon with restaurant and bar, sun deck with bar, shades with Jacuzzi and sun pads, Spa with indoor and outdoor treatments, Boutique, Wireless Internet Access, Full HD TV and Blu-ray Disk player with surround speakers, Karaoke System, Board Games and multimedia library.
- Fully equipped PADI certified Diving Dhoani, Dinghy with 50hp outboard engine, Fishing lines and gear, Fish finder, Snorkeling gear, Life Jackets, Life buoys, Fire Alarms & Extinguishers, Sound Proof Marine.
- (220/110 Volts AC), Desalination plant
Honors Legacy - divingInquiry
Maldives dive sites
Some useful translations of commonly used Maldivian terminology…
- Atoll: A group of islands surrounded by a common reef formation
- therevari: Sheltered area inside an Atoll
- Falhu: Lagoon encircled by a reef sometimes with one or more islands inside
- Faru: Large reef partially exposed at low tide
- Finolhu: Island with few or no coconut trees
- Futtaru: Reef where waves break
- Giri: Small patch of coral a couple of meters below the surface
- Kandhu: Sea inside Atoll Kandu
- Kandu Olhi: Channel
- Maa Kandu: Sea outside Atoll
- Thila: Coral reef a few meters below the surface
Ari Atoll - Some of the popular dive sites
Type of dive: Reef dive
Description: One of the best dive sites for soft coral and fish life.
The marine life here is so abundant, that the divers have named it ‘fish soup’. The thila is in a circular shape and can be covered in a single dive at different depths, if the current is not very strong.
Type of dive: Reef dive / Night dive
Description: The thila is about 80mters in diameter.
The whole thila can be done at different depths in a single dive. There are manycaves and overhangs around the thila. The large rocks on the north eastern side have large black coral trees growing on them. The site is famous for the sharks and a great barracuda which reside here. The site can be dived at any time of the day, each with different activity going on the reef. The best chance to get close to these creatures is at night time, when they are hunting. You will see sharks, barracudas, rays and eels trying to grab a morsel.
Bathala Maaga Kanthila
Type of dive: Drift dive
Description: The northern tip of Magaa reef extends into Bathalaa Kandu and is home to a number of grey reef sharks and white-tip reef sharks. They can be seen patrolling along the reef looking for food.
Maalhos Thila (Blue Curves)
Type of dive: Drift dive / Reef dive
Description: The thila is known for the abundance of soft coral growth on the thila, particularly the blue/violet colored variety that grows on the ceiling of the caves and overhangs, thus the name ‘blue caves’. In addition a large variety of fish life can be observed here.
Type of dive: Drift dive / Channel dive
Description: The reef on the southern side of Rasdhoo drops vertically to the ocean depths. The site is home to a school of Scalloped Hammerhead sharks (sphyrna lewini). In the early hours of the morning they rise from the deep waters off the atoll into the shallower depths, accessible to divers.
South Male Atoll - some of the more popular dive sites
Guraidhoo Kandu South
Type of dive: Drift dive / channel dive
Description: Since the eastern side of the channel is Open Ocean, large predatory fish can regularly be spotted here. This site is famous for sightings of sharks, schools of eagle rays and the occasional Sail fish and Hammerheads. The best condition to do the dive is when the current is flowing into the Atoll. The dive begins on the outer reef following the current into the atoll. Most of the pelagic species can be observed on the eastern side, where the reef drops off into the deep ocean. At the end of the dive in the channel, along the reef you can find overhangs with plenty of soft coral growth and small fish.
Type of dive: Drift dive / reef dive
Description: Located in a channel, the reef is subject to strong currents at times. The ocean currents carry lot of nutrients to the reef, supporting an abundance of sea life. The site is well renowned for the soft coral growth, turtles, diverse fish life and invertebrates found on the reef. At the reef slope you may find sharks and eagle rays.
Embudu Kandu (Express)
Type of dive: Drift dive / channel dive.
Description: Similar to Guraidhoo Kandu, but more sharks are likely to be spotted here. The currents can be very strong at times. The stronger the current however the better chance of seeing sharks. Under the guidance of an experienced dive guide, the dive can be managed done easily.